Opening hours and prices
Camp Egilsstaðir is open all year with facilities open 24/7
Prices for 2022
- Adult (13-67 years old): 2000 ISK
- Children (12 years and younger): FREE
- Senior citizens and disabled: 1000 ISK
- Electricity (For 24 h): 1000 ISK
- Luggage storage (price list at the camp)
- WIFI inside and outside: FREE
- WC and showers are included for camping visitors
- Overnight tax is included in our prices
For guests from outside camping
Shower: 500 ISK
WC: 100 ISK
Please book online:
Book now – campegilsstadir.is
On low season you can also pay with credit card in our self service pose or with cash in our honesty box if guests arrive when the reception is closed.
Reception / Egilsstaðastofa Visitor Center opening hours :
June to August
is open every day from 7:00am – 11:00pm.
September and May
is open every day from 8:00am – 12.00pm and 7.00pm – 11.00pm
October to April
Is open every day from 9:00am – 12:00pm (weekdays)
Weekends – reception is closed
Camp Egilsstaðir rules
• Please pay online www.campegilsstadir.is On low season it is possible to pay with credit card in our self service pose or with cash in our honesty box
• Be considerate and polite towards other guests. Do not play music or other entertainment material loudly to prevent disturbance.
• All excessive drinking is forbidden, you may not be drunk at the camping site.
• All traffic through the campsite should be held to a minimum and is only for driving in and out of the area. The speed limit is 10 km/hr.
• Complete silence should be from 11 pm – 7 am.
•No driving is allowed during that time and the campsite area might be closed for traffic during that period.
• When using disposable instant grills, please do not place them directly on the grass! Put something under them that will not burn.
• Open fire is forbidden at the campsite.
• Usage of gas cookers (e.g. primus) inside the service house is forbidden.
• Trash container is on site. Green container is for general trash, blue container is for bottles.
Please give empty gas containers and battery to staff.
• All pets should be tied up while at the campsite. Pets are not to be left alone at the campsite.
Violate any of the rules above and you will be required to leave the campsite.
Staff is not responsible for your belongings.